Spring fever and other things

Friday, February 26, 2010

Winter break is over and yet it is still dumping snow outside; I have a bad case of spring fever. I need to get outdoors.

As I look forward to spring, I am so excited to introduce Black Squirrel’s new “cool gift collection.” I want Black Squirrel to be your preferred stop for outfitting your cool, classic and fun lifestyle.


One of my favorite finds at OR was the Gibbons Slackline – we even brought one home to test drive it. The kids immediately set it up in our basement and now compete on it everyday. Likewise, I attempt to walk across whenever I pass through the basement en route to my car. 



The basic idea behind slacklining is to take some webbing, string it between two fixed objects and try to balance. Hayne says it is like a tight robe but wider. All I can tell you is it is challenging, fun and works your core. Quinn comes up stairs dripping wet after 20 minutes of practicing. Our Costa Rican surf instructor (see last week’s blog) says it is great practice for surfing – must be why I was so good on the board.

So when the weather gets me down, I daydream about spring and all the exciting things happening at the store. I love the new products arriving daily at Black Squirrel. Stop in when you can.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin