Spring Arrives

Friday, March 19, 2010

It is official; spring arrives tomorrow, Saturday, March 20. For me the signs of spring are March Madness, lacrosse, daffodils, and the simple action of being outside. The signs of spring at Black Squirrel are color and patterns, from bright coral linen shirts to plaid cotton shorts. Overnight, the shop has been transformed by the arrival of my colorful spring merchandise.


March Madness – Our whole family looks forward the annual ritual of filling out the brackets (although it is a little more fun when your team makes the tourney). Personally, I like checking out the coaches and fans attire; what I would give to do a reality show about a coach makeover! I am also not so keen on the kids who dress up in costume and especially the painted chest thing (I hope Quinn and Hayne are listening!). I prefer the well dressed fan who is there to support his team and watch the game in style. So, if you will be in the stands, consider shopping at Black Squirrel first!

Lacrosse - All my boys are involved, so like everything else I either jump on the band wagon or get left behind. Last night I read every word of the latest Lacrosse magazine. I now have enough "cocktail conversation" to last me through the month. And, again, can I possibly persuade the lax coaches to wear good looking spring jackets? I know one who will.

Daffodils - As soon as they show up in the New York grocery stores, I know they are blooming in North Carolina. Ever since I was a child, daffodils have always marked the beginning of spring for me. I bought some this week and they are about the only girly accessory in our house right now. Look for them to brighten up a Black Squirrel photo or window soon.


Outside - Is there anything better than a early morning spring tennis game, a bike ride through city streets, or the sound of kids voices playing tag? It is going to be a beautiful weekend - so please shop early and then get outside!

I welcome you to share your favorite spring awakenings with me, either on this blog, or in person.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin