"It's Showtime"

Monday, November 9, 2009

With the holidays upon us, it's "showtime" for Black Squirrel. We are going to be on the road holding several in-home shows where Black Squirrel enthusiasts (old and new!) will be able to touch and feel our wares and discuss gift ideas with us. I really enjoy traveling to other parts of the country and connecting with customers who cannot make it into our shop in Pelham. 

 These types of intimate, in-home gatherings give me the chance to see many wonderful people, some whom I have spoken to on the phone, some I know and others who are all together new to me. Learning about everyone's lives, their needs, and what they have enjoyed from BSQO in the past brings me great inspiration.

On Tuesday, November 10, I head to Debbie Andrews home in Lloyd Harbor, NY on Long Island. Then, on November 24, Black Squirrel will be in Greensboro, NC at my sister's house – Robin Ragsdale Schenck. Our last show will be at my good friend, Andrea Cuvelier's home in NYC on December 2. {If you are in any of these areas and interested in attending – please call me at 917-882-3566.}

Lots of fun companies and designers are selling their products at gift shows this time of year. Specialty shows provide an intimate shopping experience where customers and shop owners are able to have direct face to face engagement – certainly not what you get at the Mall or while shopping online! These types of shows also provide the opportunity to find fun, unique non “mass merchandise” types of gifts for friends and family. No one can deny that personalized unusual presents are always more special to give (and receive!) 
Consider something different this year. Venture out and explore.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin