My "Nut" of the Month

Monday, November 30, 2009

Each month I pick my Black Squirrel "Nut" of the month, which is my little shout out to a particular product, observation, or a customer that has recently piqued my interest. I opened the “Nut” series talking about my love of belts. If you did not have a chance to read it simply scroll down to the October 29 posting.

This month my “Nut” is the Nau Shroud of Purrin Jacket. Nau is a new brand that BSQO began carrying this year. Nau was started several years ago by a group of designers who left Patagonia to form a company that is completely dedicated to making sustainable clothing that marries cutting edge fabrics with great style. I love the Nau approach – sustainability with style! As we head into a season filled with consumer frenzy, I encourage everyone to think about minimizing their waste. Every piece of clothing designed and produced by Nau is made from 100% recycled and recyclable fabric so at the end of its long life it can be sent back to Nau to be recycled once again.

Equally important, Nau makes superior products. The Shroud of Purrin coat is super good looking, yet the simple lined soft shell jacket epitomizes the Nau brand. The inner lining is so soft you may just stop wearing baselayers. Its wind and water resistant outer shell allows it to work equally well as a midlayer on the coldest of days.

Wander the streets of NYC or hit the slopes of Aspen and you will find yourself fitting right in.

Nau is so encouraged by the reception of the metro NY customer it has opened a “pop up” shop in SoHo. Check it out if you are in the area. 
Through December 31, 2009
69 Mercer St
New York, NY 10012

Stay stylish, dry & warm



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin