Shop Offline!

Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Alex leaving the Alma boutique in his new BSQO outfit!
I spent the weekend at the Alma Holiday Fair in Rye, a fundraiser for St Vincent's hospital, where I watched hundreds of people, mostly women, shopping for Christmas gifts.  During a quiet moment I was struck by how much fun these women were having trying to find the perfect gift for their loved ones.  Likewise, I could tell the other vendors and I were having just as much fun helping the shoppers select the best gift. Helping someone find that perfect gift is one of life's simple pleasures for me.   Now I shop on-line as much as anyone. BUT when you really need to find the right gift – there is simply no substitute for working with a live person who knows and loves the products they are selling.  In these last frenzied days of shopping I encourage everyone to get out from behind the screen, meet the people you are buying from, eavesdrop on other shoppers conversations, enjoy some laughter and try to take a moment to think about how excited your loved one will be to unwrap your present this year.  I promise it will be more fulfilling.


This week's email for Black Squirrel is titled “G.I.F.T.S.”  
I have highlighted a few BSQO favorites at diverse price ranges.

Gortex shell by Arc'teryx is the best in its category.  Color is hot this season and I am a big fan of the yellow.



Ibex Zepher has been a stand by since we opened in 2007.  Owning two is not considered extravagant. It gets our vote for the most versatile item we sell.


Flannel shirts and flannel lined pants by Mountain Khakis are great price points, practical products and good looking.



TailorByrd shirts give any outfit some pop.


Sherpa pullover and pants can’t be beat for price and quality.



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin