Opportunities

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

When opportunities present themselves you often have to act quickly. Such is the case with three opportunities that recently came my way.

The first two relate to design and lacrosse. My boys have been lucky enough to be part of the Larchmont Mamaroneck lacrosse organization for many years. In fact, this will be Quinn’s fifth and final year playing for them. Every few years the organization buys new uniforms and here is where I got lucky. They asked Black Squirrel to design this year’s uniform. The uniforms just arrived and the boys and coaches are excited about them. Seeing the smiles and hearing the enthusiasm has been very rewarding.


Fast forward to Pelham’s new lacrosse program and my knowing a few folks involved. This opportunity came about by default, but an opportunity nonetheless. Garth is a coach and organizer of the program and when the group met to divvy up responsibilities he got uniform design. Needless to say we can’t wait for the new uniforms to arrive. They are just as classy as the LMYL uniforms.

The third latest opportunity is thanks to my older sister, Alicia. She planned a girls ski trip and invited me. I leave on Thursday for Montana. Perfect timing, right before lax season really gets underway. I will let you know how it goes.
Don’t pass up any opportunities and don’t miss out on Black Squirrel’s new finds. Visit us at bsqo.com or in the shop.


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin