Picture Perfect Columbus Day!

Thursday, October 15, 2009



We took advantage of this past long weekend to head up to the Catskills for a little family time. My boys, Hayne and Quinn, stood still for minute so I could capture a quick shot. Fortunately, the foliage was at its peak and it was a colorful weekend.

The fall season is one of my favorites – and Columbus Day Weekend is the perfect time to get away for a day or two and re-charge. Since Labor Day, we have been going non-stop with work, school and sports -- no complaining, but a slower change of pace was nice. 

The chill in the air means time for hiking, picking apples, sitting by the fire and visiting haunted houses. For weekend getaways I like to pack lots of layers for my boys and me. When the temperature dips I always start with my "woolies" (the Zepher by Ibex is my favorite) and then I add more layers from there.


Many people have an outdated understanding of wool and think wool = itch. Wool has come a long way since the seventies! The wool pieces I sell are soft, comfortable and warm without being bulky. You can start your morning wearing wool and it will still feel fresh by the time you’re sipping a hot toddy at the end of the day. Wool can keep you toasty if you’re picking apples, taking a run or just simply collecting firewood. It might be time to consider reintroducing yourself to wool. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin